Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Florin Vancea <fv...@maxiq.ro> on 2005/08/17 13:33:15 UTC

Re: include war in war

FYI:
I do it, but with an older Maven (yet it makes no difference).

I have some "basic" WAR projects and specific derivatives of those.
Using maven.xml from the derivate project I build the specific WAR dir
(which contains only specific things) and after that I unpack the "basic"
war with overwrite="false". Thus all needed basic components are "filled in"
and I can override specific files by specifying them in the derivate
project.
There is a little headache caused by the "one-artifact-per-project"
philosophy of older Maven, but I'm able to live with that.

I agree, not nice but handy (so far).

Florin