Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by da...@hic.gov.au on 2001/10/17 09:39:00 UTC

Why use Apache Log4j over Avalon LogKit

I have been looking at both these logging toolkits and I believe that they
are comparable in terms of features but wish to understand why people have
chosen Log4j over Logkit. Log4j seems to have a far more active newsgroup
and seemingly more widely used.

Have I missed anything in my evaluation?

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee named above and may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it.  If you
received this message in error please notify HIC immediately.
the views of HIC.