Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin <vi...@mindspring.com> on 2002/07/22 20:34:04 UTC

tomcat running under apache

I would like to have tomcat Tomcat/4.0.4 and Apache/1.3.20
running together so I don't have to specify a port when accessing a
servlet or jsp.

I know about the mod_webapp.so apache module but I do not see it
inside the following directory

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.4/bin/

This means that the FAQ at jguru may be out of date since that is where
it says to donwnload the module.

1. Where do I get the new module
2. How do I get tomcat to start up in init.d on a linux system (my guess
would be to symlink to CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh).

Please offer assistance I will gladly create a new doc on jguru to cover
my installation.  I am merely a sys admin... I don't know much about
servlets and jsp coding.