Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jsebak <je...@atosorigin.com> on 2009/06/12 10:23:15 UTC

Dynamic grid editable

Hi,

I try to do an dynamic  editable grid, that means that I want to create a
grid that will be able to display and edit a set of data which name, type
and structure are unknown at compilation time. My need is that my grid
should be able to dynamically detect on runtime the type and the structure
of data and adapt its rendering and its behavior depending on that
structure.

I have  this code to add dynamically column of my grid:

        this.gridModel =
this.beanModelSource.createDisplayModel(Feature.class, this.messages);

        this.cleanBeanModel();

        for (LayerAttribute attribute : this.attributes) {

            if (attribute.getReadAccess()) {

                if (logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
                    logger.debug("Adding property to grid model : " +
attribute.getLabel());
                }
                    PropertyConduit conduit =
this.propertyConduitFactory.getPropertyConduit(
                            attribute, this.messages);

                    PropertyModel attributeModel =
this.gridModel.add(attribute.getName(), conduit);
                    attributeModel.label(attribute.getLabel());
            }
        }

it works well.

now I want to configure the cell renderer of my grid , by default is a <td>
I want to transform to <input> or other tag, in order to transform my grid
to editable grid.
the only way , I find a solution using a <t:parameter> component but my
columns are added dynamically and the name and type of all columns are
variable and unknown so I cannot use it.

Do you think how such a component could be implemented and how ? How I can
change this cell renderer ? Is there a solution to dynamically create and
add t:parameters or similar components in Java to construct my grid
rendering ?

Many Thanks,