Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by ops <op...@netscienceresearch.com> on 2009/08/29 06:49:40 UTC

mahout hadoop release

Hello,

Is a particular reason that mahout uses an older release of hadoop
rather than 19.2 or 2.0?

Does the development plan include getting more current and staying more
current with hadoop and other libraries?

Thanks.

-ops

Re: mahout hadoop release

Posted by ops <op...@netscienceresearch.com>.
Thanks for the explanation.
We're on hadoop 0.19.2 now,  and were about to look at 0.2.0 but will
hold off.

So the other answer must be: Mahout does intend to be up to speed with
the most current version of hadoop - the one that works properly!

--
CONFIDENTIAL. Copyright NetScienceResearch, Inc. 2009, All Rights Reserved. This email or electronic transmittal and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of NetScienceResearch, Inc. or the author/sender and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you are not the intended recipient please immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system without reading, copying  or otherwise using them and notify the sender immediately.

If you are the intended recipient, you are not authorized to distribute, copy or disclose this message to others without prior explicit written permission.

Re: mahout hadoop release

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.