Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Selmer Ausland <se...@shawcable.com> on 2003/01/25 01:03:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Directory Quota

Hello Group;
    I am running Apache 2.0.44 on Windows NT 4.0. I have over 30+
name-based virtual hosts and I would like to limit my clients to 100 mbs
of disk space in their folders.

After searching the net, I coulddn't find anything Apache specific
dealing with disk space quotas, perhaps I wasn't asking the right
questions.

Thanks. Selmer Ausland

Re: [users@httpd] Directory Quota

Posted by Selmer Ausland <se...@shawcable.com>.
Have the three Linux CDs sitting here waiting to be installed on another
test server. You must have been reading my mind. :- )

Selmer

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.

Posted by Selmer Ausland <se...@shawcable.com>.
Aaron wrote:

> Is it possible to just ditch windows all together?
> Take the box you have now running NT and install linux
> instead.
>
> -Aaron
>
> --- Selmer Ausland <se...@shawcable.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, yes I thought as much. However, I thought it
> > was worth asking in
> > case there was an answer with Apache.

I am installing Linux on a another test server, I will switch once I get
to know how it operates and if I find it satisfactory. However, it's no
big deal. I just want to dump Bill Gates junk as soon as possible.
Damned if I am going to pay the kind of money they are asking for Win
2000 bugware. As I said before, you guys must be reading my mind! :- )

Thanks to all for the help.

Selmer

Re: [users@httpd] Directory Quota

Posted by Aaron <ch...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Selmer Ausland <se...@shawcable.com>.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.

Posted by Selmer Ausland <se...@shawcable.com>.
Jeff Cohen wrote:

> Hi Selmer,
>
> There are third-party softwares and freewares available, I googled for disk
> quota NT 4.0 and found that:
> http://www.advtoolware.com/t4e/spg/spg_detailed.htm
>
> I say it worth the try.
>
> All the best,
> Jeff Cohen

Yes, I checked too. I looked at the price of several disk quota
offerings and I had two heart attacks in a row!!! ($569.00 U.S. for this
one alone, considerably higher for others). If I was General Motors I
wouldn't care, but I am just a small time operator and don't want to go
broke right away. :- )

Thanks anyway.  Selmer

RE: [users@httpd] Directory Quota

Posted by Jeff Cohen <ap...@gej-it.com>.