Posted to announce@apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org> on 2013/05/10 18:47:54 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Release Curator 2.0.0-incubating released

Hello,

The Apache Curator team is pleased to announce the release of version 2.0.0-incubating from the Apache Incubator.

Curator was originally open sourced by Netflix via Github. This is the first Apache release of Curator. I'd like to thank the mentors for their help in getting to this milestone. In particular, Patrick Hunt and Luciano Resende have been incredibly helpful and patient.

Link to release notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Achangelog-panel

The most recent source release can be obtained from an Apache Mirror:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/curator/
(mirror sync times may vary)

The binary artifacts for Curator are available from Maven Central and its mirrors.

For general information on Apache Curator, please visit the project website:
http://curator.incubator.apache.org

Disclaimer:
Apache Curator is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache Software
Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Incubator PMC.

Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review
indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process
have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects.

While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness
or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be
fully endorsed by the ASF.

-Jordan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release Curator 2.0.0-incubating released

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org>.
Fair enough ;)

-JZ

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org>.
Fair enough ;)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 May 2013 23:39, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See here for a more nuanced analysis of the linguistics of trademarks:
>
> http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/000943.html

Thanks!

The links to INTA articles are unfortunately broken (INTA re-organised
their site and did not provide redirects).
But I found this one:

http://www.inta.org/info/faqsU.html#2 =>
http://www.inta.org/TrademarkBasics/FactSheets/Pages/TrademarkUseFactSheet.aspx

Perhaps the ASF page should be updated to use "attributive modifier"
rather than "adjective"?
[And it might be appropriate to link to the article and INTA]

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Also please remember that every release is supposed to go into the
next month's board report.

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.