Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Mayorga Adame <al...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/17 17:31:58 UTC

Inhibit the deployment of duplicated files and artifacts

Hi fellow Mavens,

Is there a way to prevent the deployment of a file of artifact, using the
deploy plug-in, when the same file or artifact is already on the remote
repository?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Re: Inhibit the deployment of duplicated files and artifacts

Posted by Alex Mayorga Adame <al...@yahoo.com>.
I'm using the deploy plugin to manually populate what would become the
"central" repository for the team. I guess I should start looking seriously
into Archiva, but  	 MDEPLOY-34 would be definitely nice to have. I guess
this functionality would be better if implemented on Wagon, wouldn't it?

Re: Inhibit the deployment of duplicated files and artifacts

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
lets consider this from a different angle... how is it that you are running a
deploy command that ends up with the same version as something that is
already deployed?

if you only let the release plugin do deploys of real versions to the repo
then you should not have this problem...

can you please provide more detail...

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer

Re: Inhibit the deployment of duplicated files and artifacts

Posted by Alex Mayorga Adame <al...@yahoo.com>.
Wendy,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/17/07, Alex Mayorga Adame <al...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to prevent the deployment of a file of artifact, using the
> deploy plug-in, when the same file or artifact is already on the remote
> repository?

Seems to me that would best (most reliably) be done by the remote
repo.  The simplest way would just be changing the file system
permissions.  (Leave the metadata files writeable, they get changed
when a new version is deployed.)

I think Archiva (repository manager) might already have this as a
configurable option.  If not it's probably in JIRA, I know we've
talked about it.

The deploy plugin could probably be convinced to check, though.  I
think it does grab the existing metadata in order to add the new
version, so it should know if the version is already there.

What problem are you actually trying to solve with this?

--
Wendy

Re: Inhibit the deployment of duplicated files and artifacts

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
If you search JIRA, I think you'll already find this. I know it has
been discussed previously. If you absolutely require this
functionality in any short-term period of time, you'll probably need
to find another way to do it (ie cron).

Wayne

Posted by Alex Mayorga Adame <al...@yahoo.com>.
Wayne,