Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by re...@planet.nl on 2002/07/10 13:05:43 UTC

Bolding text in another Font

I understand that to add a font to FOP, I have to prepare the metrics file for the new font, and then edit the userconfig.xml. I have done so without any problem. I successful used MSGothic font for Japanese texts, and Arial Unicode for some other languages.

The problem I now have is with bolding texts in these fonts. I understand that I have to actually use a prepared separate bolded font. I have looked everywhere for such a font. I can neither find a bold version of MSGothic nor bold version of Arial Unicode? Any other ideas on how to emphasize some Japanese texts or Central European languages.

Please help!!!

Re: Bolding text in another Font

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
relli001@planet.nl wrote:
> The problem I now have is with bolding texts in these fonts.
 > I understand that I have to actually use a prepared separate
 > bolded font. I have looked everywhere for such a font. I can
 > neither find a bold version of MSGothic nor bold version of
 > Arial Unicode? Any other ideas on how to emphasize some
 > Japanese texts or Central European languages.

Win2k is delivered with bold and italic variants for Arial
(unicode), plain arial is in arial.ttf, bold in arialbd.ttf
etc. You have to put an entry for bold, italic and bold-italic
etc. separately into userconfig.xml, refer to the documentation.
As for MSGothic, ask where you got the regular font.

You could also try a font editor, some have functionss to
construct bold and italic variants from the regular font.

J.Pietschmann