Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@nc.rr.com> on 2001/12/16 20:37:10 UTC

serializer dependencies

Hi all,

Excuse me if this has been answered somewhere, kindly point me to that
place (I looked through the site and did a google-search  before
posting)

I'm a coauthor of a project seeking to add a pure-java XLS (not xsl
we're talking Excel Spreadsheets) serializer to Cocoon 2.  Considerable
work has been completed on the APIs and the serializer will be ready in
a couple of days (currently one can generate blank spreadsheets if they
wish *g*).  In attempting to write an install doc and test it I
discovered that if the support libraries aren't in the same jar file
then Cocoon throws ClassNotFoundException.  The only way I was able to
keep these separate was to put them in $TOMCAT/common/lib.

Is there a way to make cocoon look in the right place?  Is this a bug?
"functioning as intended"?  Although we can easily change our build to
make a fat jar file for the serializer, I'd rather leave it modular if
possible.

Thanks,

Andy

BTW, interested parties can check out our APIs at
www.sourceforge.net/projects/poi.

-Andy
--
www.superlinksoftware.com/cocoon/andy/resume.xml?src=tg5 - Need a java