Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/01 18:50:57 UTC

exciting new content needed for the 3.3.5 index.md file

The first "smoke test" RC is about to be up for people to play with, we are
just testing things here and getting that arm build done.

Can I have some content for the index.html page describing what has changed?
hadoop-project/src/site/markdown/index.md.vm

I can (and will) speak highly of stuff I've been involved in, but need
contributions from others for what is new in this release in HDFS, YARN,
and MR (other than the manifest committer).

It'd be good to have a list of CVEs fixed by upgrading jars. Maybe we
should have a transitive-CVE tag for all JIRAs which update a dependency
for this, so that then we could have the release notes explicitly list
these in their own section.

Please submit changes to branch-3.3.5; use HADOOP-18470. as the jira for
all the release notes.

 thanks.

Re: exciting new content needed for the 3.3.5 index.md file

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,
I just went through the Jira's fixed in HDFS[1]
Sharing some stuff which I find good enough to find a mention.
1.HDFS-13522 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-13522>, HDFS-16767
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-16767> & Related Jiras: Allow
Observer Reads in HDFS Router Based Federation.
2. HDFS-13248 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-13248>: RBF
supports Client Locality
3. HDFS-16400 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-16400>, HDFS-16399
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-16399>, HDFS-16396
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-16396>, HDFS-16397
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-16397>, HDFS-16413
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-16413>, HDFS-16457
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-16457>: Makes a bunch of
Datanode level properties reconfigurable. The list is at[2], if required.

That is my small list from HDFS, I can come back before the RC if I find
something else as well, or If I figure out that I messed up with the above
stuff(I double checked the fix versions though...)

BTW. 2 unresolved Jira with FixVersion 3.3.5[3], do give a check on such
cases before you generate the RC

-Ayush

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HDFS%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.3.5%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC
[2]
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/branch-3.3.5/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/datanode/DataNode.java#L346-L361
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(HADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20YARN%2C%20MAPREDUCE)%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.3.5%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,