Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2008/01/16 18:33:28 UTC

apache 2.x httpd server causing browser caching of dynamic ofbiz pages?

I am running apache 2.x with mod_jk in front of ofbiz and I am finding that my browser is aggressively caching pages.  In all my research on this issue on the tomcat list, the answer is to write a filter that sets the different no-cache headers on the httpservletresponse.

However, I would like to avoid this customization of ofbiz, especially since I would think that others running ofbiz/apache 2.x would be experiencing the same problem.

The caching issue is present in multiple browsers (IE,firefox), OS systems.  If I do a hard refresh (ctrl-R in the browser), the page get refreshed.

I am hoping someone has experience this issue before and can recommend some approaches on resolving this problem.

Thanks.
Phillip

Re: apache 2.x httpd server causing browser caching of dynamic ofbiz pages?

Posted by "G.Venkata Phanindra" <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Phillips.
             Ofbiz do give an option to set the cache level ... Please refer
the documentation for the same.
     As i remember the file in which these settings are given is
framework/base/config/cache.properties file.

Regards
Phanindra.

--
G.Venkata Phanindra