Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Vladimir Kravtsov (NIM Contractor)" <vk...@networksinmotion.com> on 2009/12/29 02:01:57 UTC

Trying to run both Junit and TestNG tests with Maven 2

I am trying to include some TestNG suites into existing project with
Junit tests.

Naturally I put TestNG code into src/test/java source folder.

After  I added dependency

                                <dependency>

<groupId>org.testng</groupId>

<artifactId>testng</artifactId>

                                                <version>5.8</version>

<classifier>jdk15</classifier>

                                                <scope>test</scope>

                                </dependency>

Command 'mvn test' executes TestNG code only, completely ignoring Junit
code.  No matter what I did in surefire plug-in, even if I remove it at
all.

Could you suggest the way to makeboth  Junit and TestNG to be executed?

Thanks,

Vladimir Kravtsov

TeleCommunication Systems

949-453-3491 (desk)

425-443-4502 (cell)

Re: Trying to run both Junit and TestNG tests with Maven 2

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
I have had many issues getting them to work together. So I separated my
JUnit into a module, then my TestNG based classes into another module. Never
together.

Then on my blog, I have encountered issues with DBUnit and hibernate3plugin
trying to use both.

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
---