Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Alok Tanna <at...@exertdigital.com> on 2015/04/22 23:30:09 UTC

Memory error

I was trying to load  500 thousand row csv file in Drill  and I am getting
below error . Now I am not even able to start the Drill . Any suggestions
.Attached is the error log.

[root@ apache-drill-0.8.0]# bin/sqlline -u jdbc:drill:zk=local
Drill log directory /var/log/drill does not exist or is not writable,
defaulting to /opt/drill/apache-drill-0.8.0/log
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO:
os::commit_memory(0x00000006e0000000, 357892096, 0) failed; error='Cannot
allocate memory' (errno=12)
#
# There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
# Native memory allocation (malloc) failed to allocate 357892096 bytes for
committing reserved memory.
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /tmp/jvm-31515/hs_error.log

Thanks,
Alok

Re: Memory error

Posted by Alok Tanna <at...@exertdigital.com>.
Thank you Ted next time I will make sure I would select a larger machine. I have tried below suggested changes and I was able to atleast start the Drill for now.

Regards,
Alok Tanna
Sent from my iPhone

Re: Memory error