Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2002/07/01 20:19:07 UTC

Re: new sessions start at random times

Hi,

> I have this session problem where everything seems to be working fine
> and I'm making good use of the %udat hash. Suddenly a new session cookie
> shows up and my session info is unavailable. This happens while using IE
> 6 AND while using Mozilla 1.0.
>
> I've tracked the session id's and can see that my last session file
> still exists in my sessions directory. I can't see any pattern to this
> behavior - it seems to occur after about 10 requests or so.

Did you also see that the session id is comming in again? Set dbgSession in
EMBPERL_DEBUG and you can watch the session id's in the embperl.log file.

I guess the file where this happens is in a different directory, which is
not underneath the one where the cookie is first send. In this case the
browser will not send the cookie with the id back to EMbperl. To avoid this
problem, simply set EMBPERL_COOKIE_PATH to /

Gerald