Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2020/12/01 15:50:19 UTC

custom dictionary issue

I'm trying to use a custom BSV dictionary as in the examples. I got the
piper file to point to the lookup descriptor, which is based off of
ctakes-dictionary-lookup-fast-
res/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/example
/bsv/CustomCuiBsv.xml

but when I run it I get an error (NPE) that sounds like it was looking
for a ConceptFactory:

	at
org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.dictionary.DictionaryDescriptorPar
ser.parseConceptFactories(DictionaryDescriptorParser.java:218)
	at
org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.dictionary.DictionaryDescriptorPar
ser.parseDescriptor(DictionaryDescriptorParser.java:129)
	at
org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.AbstractJCasTermAnnotator.initi
alize(AbstractJCasTermAnnotator.java:138)
	at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initi
alizeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:267)
	... 26 more

which that example descriptor doesn't contain. Do I need a concept
factory line in my descriptor? What would that look like for a BSV file
that is just:
ID|Preferred term|Synonyms

Tim

Re: custom dictionary issue [EXTERNAL] [SUSPICIOUS] [SUSPICIOUS]

Posted by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
OK, got it fixed and finding entities (I forgot to add the
conceptFactoryName field to the dictionaryConceptPair), including both
terms from the standard SNOMED+RxNORM dictionary and my customized
dictionary. One problem I still have is that the custom entities (which
have dummy CUIs and TUIs) are called EntityMention, when they probably
should be EventMentions. I'll poke around a little bit to see if there
is some way to control that, either in the code or with a better
dictionary.
Tim

Posted by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.