Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2002/09/03 10:46:58 UTC

[SUMMARY?] How to parse an error

Hi,

The first but not the best solution I found was using i18n to parse all the
string. Obviously this is not the best way to do that.

I think a little enhancement to Cocoon can be a better parsing of the errors
like this:

"org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not add record:
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique
index categoria_cat_name_key"

....to something better like:

<errors>
	<count>2</count>
	<error>
		<number>1</number>
		<source>
			org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
		</source>
		<message>
			Could not add record
		</message>
	</error>
	<error>
		<number>2</number>
		<source>
			java.sql.SQLException
		</source>
		<message>
			Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique
			index categoria_cat_name_key
		</message>
	</error>
</errors>