Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by mommymutya <gc...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/13 01:32:03 UTC

PasswordCipher and Apache dbcp not working in Tomee 1.6 webprofile

Hi,We are looking into upgrading our Tomee 1.5.2 (webprofile) to
Tomee1.6(webprofile).Our current Tomee 1.5.2 works fine.The app has got 2
database resource, one uses resources.xml, the other uses apache dbcp via a
jocl file.This is how it is setup:1.  Datasource file in webapps-
WEB-INF\resources.xml file and a class that implements PasswordCipher is
specified in that file.  It looks something like this:			 JdbcDriver
JdbcUrl 		 UserName                 Password                  PasswordCipher
my.project.imp.MyPasswordCipherImpl	2.  WE got legacy code in that same
webapp that uses apache dbcp where the jocl file is declared in
WEB-INF\classes\myJocl.jocl.  We initially had problems resolving the jocl
file for the apache dbcp datasource so what we did was to remove/delete the
commons-dbcp and commons-pool jar files from the tomee\lib folder and put
them in the webapps-WEB-INF\lib folder.  These all went fine.I recently
downloaded Tomee 1.6 webprofile and both of this setup don't seem to work?
If I try don't use the PasswordCipher property and use plain text for the
Password, it work fine.Also, for the apache dbcp one, having  the jars it in
the tomee\lib and/or webapps-WEB-INF\lib folder all fail.  It seems to
cannot resolve the connection url: jdbc:apache:commons:dbcp:/myJocl.Anyone
who can shed light? Many thanks!

Re: PasswordCipher and Apache dbcp not working in Tomee 1.6 webprofile

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

if you remove commons-* from tomee/lib and it doesn't work dont cry ;)

you can force dbcp to be loaded from the webapp usin
opeenjb.classloader.forced-load=org.apache.commons.dbcp in
conf/system.properties

BTW do you have a sample reproducin your issue? default data source
creator is tomcat and not dbcp, add DataSourceCreator = dbcp to force
dbcp.
Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/