Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by me...@assetmanagement.natexis.fr on 2004/02/17 16:34:33 UTC

improving performance with connector params

We're running Tomcat 4.1.18 with jdk1.3 under linux
The communication with apache is set via the Webapp Connector.

In order to improve performance I need some suggestions
about the connectors attributes.

The extract below is from our server.xml file in the
prod environnement

<Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="false" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

the only thing we've changed is the enableLookup attribute.
For thoses who are used to manage these attributes, I'd
like you to help me making the right choice about setting
right values to the other attributes(max and minProcessors
and acceptCount).

In the prod environnement, the machine is dedicated to Tomcat
only and I assume that we could increase the maxProcessors value.
I'm tempted to say that we could increase the acceptCount too but
without any real experience about.

Any suggestion would be greetly appreciated.
NATEXIS ASSET MANAGEMENT
Meissa SAKHO
01 58 19 45 71. . . . . . . . . . . . (84571)
meissa.sakho@assetmanagement.natexis.fr

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natexis
Banques Populaires ne peut etre tenu responsable de
son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le
detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
on the Internet. Natexis Banques Populaires can not therefore be
considered responsible for the contents.Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and
notify the sender.

Re: improving performance with connector params

Posted by Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fi...@terra.es>.
It is not really a performance issue, but you will need to increase
maxProcessors to the MaxClients value you have in your Apache web server
in front.

If you have something other than Apache, it will not be called
MaxClients, but you get the idea...

I would not raise acceptCount unless you know why.

Hope that helps,

Antonio Fiol