Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru> on 2003/09/08 12:39:56 UTC

Reloading classes (was: Classloading question)

Hello Ulrich!

UM> Or is there another way (except via WAR files) to deploy and undeploy
UM> specific classes while Tomcat is running?

Hmm, am I missing something, but Tomcat runs on exploded wars
anyway, and updating the .class files under WEB-INF/classes
is supposed to cause web app automatic reload (provided that
the the webapp is setup correctly).

Or have I horribly missed something?

Anton

Re: Reloading classes

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Anton Tagunov wrote:

> Hmm, am I missing something, but Tomcat runs on exploded wars
> anyway, and updating the .class files under WEB-INF/classes
> is supposed to cause web app automatic reload (provided that
> the the webapp is setup correctly).

According to the docs that procedure is not recommended for production
environments, because it has a performance penalty. But maybe it's the
only option :)

Ulrich