Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com> on 2001/04/23 16:31:41 UTC

Feedback about the sgi patches issue. (vol 4)

Three more messages from the larger community posted to new-httpd over
the last few weeks.  Ezmlm is configured to divert postings from
non-subscribers to the moderator, that's currently me.  I have replied
to all of these.

  - ben

ps. I've been out on vacation the last week.
------------------------

From: M�rcio Concei��o Goulart <ma...@bol.com.br>
Subject: Why?
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:06:48 -0300

Why you don't accept the patches from Accelerating Apache project if it increases the performance of server?
I'm waiting an acceptable answer.

M�rcio Goulart
Pelotas/RS - Brazil

------------------------
From: "Nikita Huggins" <ni...@sympatico.ca>
To: <ne...@apache.org>
Subject: SGI "Accelerating Apache" patches
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 18:27:32 -0400

Hello,
         I believe that it would be beneficial to incorporate the SGI =
patches into the Apache project. Even though your web server has the =
largest market share, this is not a permanent state ( compare the use of =
Netscape now and 3 years ago). Performance and price are extremely =
important factors in the choice of a server product - Apache has =
everyone beat on price but its performance is nowhere near the most =
outstanding - any serious effort to enhance its speed should be =
embraced.

Thank you,
                Nick Huggins
------------------------
From: "Diego Naya" <mp...@ciudad.com.ar>
To: <ne...@apache.org>
Subject: accelerating apache patches
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:34:19 -0300

please consider including the accelerating apache project patches into the
main tree, because i applied them without problems and with a huge boost in
performance, here we have 5 heavily loaded servers running linux 2.2.18 and
apche 1.3.15 with the patches, no problems at all

thank you

Saludos
;-)
Diego Naya
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:37:31 -0400
From: Dan <da...@mojolin.com>
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: SGIs 10x

I've used it for  a long time and like it.  Please consider accepting
the source into the main distribution.

thanks,

Dan