Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sriharsha M <ms...@cordys.com> on 2007/11/30 09:36:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Check and drop http request at Apache proxy

Hi List,

I need to host a proxy server on the open Internet and handle only
authenticated requests.
I have an apache in-filter that reads the request headers and checks for
the authentication key in the headers.

Once authentication is successful the module lets the request through.
If authentication fails, I respond by putting a dummy web page. Now, is
there a way to drop requests whose authentication fails?

Regards,
Harsha

message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the
message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact
the sender if you have received this message in error. This email
does not constitute any commitment from Cordys Holding BV or
any of its subsidiaries except when expressly agreed in a written
agreement between the intended recipient and
Cordys Holding BV or its subsidiaries.