Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by le...@yahoo.de on 2007/01/02 10:15:32 UTC

Re: fo:table-row is missing child elements

Hi Glen,

running FOP 0.92beta with the option

-r          relaxed/less strict validation (where available)
now generates a PDF without the error described below :-)))

Thanks and happy new year.

Best Regards,
Leeloo

Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org> schrieb: leeloo5e79-docbook@yahoo.de escribió:

> Trying to convert an FO-File which was generated by FOP 0.92beta to an
> PDF just stopped with following Error Message:
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: file:///test/test.fo:1:43655:
> Error(1/43655): fo:table-row is missing child elements.
> Required Content Model: (table-cell+)

Process of elimination is probably best here:  keep minimizing your FO
file until you identify the element causing the error to occur.

There is also an option I believe in FOP 0.93 to run in non-strict
validation mode, which would I believe would accept the situation that
is occurring for you.

> I can't find any fo:table-row in FO-File which missed a fo:table-cell. I
> think everything is alright. Using FOP 0.20.5 converting the XML to PDF
> -> it works fine.

The new FOP raises an error by default, as protection in case you goofed
up your XSLT template calls and ended up creating no cells where you
actually wanted some.  This way erroneously created invoices with no
rows, for example, won't end up going out to the customer, or if you
create a 250 page document you don't have to manually read each page
just to make sure every table has the rows you intended.

Glen

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: fo:table-row is missing child elements

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.
The other FO compilers don't validate by default.  Unfortunately, strict
validation, because it contains the word "strict", has connotations of
meanness that companies want to avoid.  But again, there are scenarios
where strict validation is actually the "nicer" route for a user[1]--it
can save a lot of inadvertent errors from going out.

Glen

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=111365780207108&w=2

Posted by le...@yahoo.de.

Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org> schrieb: Hmmm...judging from your email address, I hope it is not a docbook

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: fo:table-row is missing child elements

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.