Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@wso2.com> on 2015/03/26 05:05:50 UTC

How to use Jar Scan Filters

Hi,

I'm using embedded tomcat as an OSGi bundle. In tomcat 7.0.59 we extended
the StandardJarScanner to scan some jars which are resides in a custom
location. Since these jars are needed for all the applications putting them
in WEB-INF is not applicable,
We are now trying to use Tomcat 8.0.20 with that. I saw newly introduced
Jar Scan Filter there.

Can someone give me an example code segment to show how to use
JarScanFilters?
I go through the [1]. There it mention

 <JarScanner>
    <JarScanFilter
        pluggabilityScan="${tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanFilter.jarsToScan},
                       my_pluggable_feature.jar"/>
  </JarScanner>

Is this can be use only to scan jars inside WEB-INF and class path?
or can I scan some jar file which are located in custom locations? (Since
those jar files are needed for all the web applications)
If it is possible how can I provide the custom path? Should I give the
absolute path?

[1] - http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/jar-scan-filter.html

Thanks
Best Regards
/Thusitha
--
Thusitha Dayaratne
Software Engineer

Mobile  +94712756809
Blog      alokayasoya.blogspot.com
About    http://about.me/thusithathilina

Re: How to use Jar Scan Filters

Posted by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@wso2.com>.
Hi All,

>I'm using embedded tomcat as an OSGi bundle. In tomcat 7.0.59 we extended
the StandardJarScanner to scan some jars which are resides in a custom
location. Since these jars are needed for all the applications putting them
>in WEB-INF is not applicable,
>We are now trying to use Tomcat 8.0.20 with that. I saw newly introduced
Jar Scan Filter there.

>Can someone give me an example code segment to show how to use
JarScanFilters?
>I go through the [1]. There it mention

 <JarScanner>
    <JarScanFilter
        pluggabilityScan="${tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanFilter.jarsToScan},
                       my_pluggable_feature.jar"/>
  </JarScanner>

>Is this can be use only to scan jars inside WEB-INF and class path?
>or can I scan some jar file which are located in custom locations? (Since
those jar files are needed for all the web applications)
>If it is possible how can I provide the custom path? Should I give the
absolute path?

[1] - http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/jar-scan-filter.html
Any suggestions or help on this would be really nice.

Thanks
Best Regards
/Thusitha