Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 03:32:53 UTC

NUnit plugin output vs JUnit plugin output

Hi All,

I was thinking there would be some value in doing some work on the nunit
plugin to add some output similar to the junit plugin.  Currently when nunit
tests run, all the output is logged to file.  It is not too much fun when
your tests run for a few minutes, you see nothing.  Here is a junit output
vs nunit output comparison

-- JUNIT --
Running package1.TestClass1
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.016 sec
Running package2.TestClass2
Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.031 sec
.
.
.
Results :

-- NUNIT --
NMAVEN-040-000: Executed command: Commandline = nunit-console C:\dev\project
\main\component\target\test-assemblies\Namespace.Artifact.dll /out
{SOME_OUTPUT_FILE} /err {SOME_OUTPUT_FILE}, Result = 0

So I propose not logging the nunit stdout/stderr but rather reformatting and
displaying it like the junit plugin does.

Thoughts?
Evan

Re: NUnit plugin output vs JUnit plugin output

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
Yes I agree, and what I discussed earlier does function in that fashion.
However to do easily, we won't use the /stdOut /stdErr options with
nunit-console.  We can optionally log the stdOut/stdErr ourself using the
stream consumer if we wish.

Evan

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.