Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/02/03 23:55:22 UTC

Re: MASTER / SLAVES numdoc

: I've one server and several slaves and I would like to know if I go to the
: host.name/solr/admin/stat.jsp if there is a way to know the difference of
: the numDoc per server?

i don't really understand your question -- sure you can go to that page
on each server and compare the number of docs ... ok, now what?

	what is your goal?

if i had to guess, i would suspect that this URL (on your master) might be
of use to you...
    http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/distributiondump.jsp
...but that's just a guess, and it only works if you are using the
replication scripts (i'm not sure if DIH has a similar feature)

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
XY Problem

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

-Hoss