Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by James Taylor <jt...@salesforce.com> on 2013/05/02 02:01:18 UTC

Re: Coprocessors

Sudarshan,
Below are the results that Mujtaba put together. He put together two
version of your schema: one with the ATTRIBID as part of the row key
and one with it as a key value. He also benchmarked the query time both
when all of the data was in the cache versus when all of the data was
read off of disk.

Let us know if you have any questions/follow up.

Thanks,

James (& Mujtaba)

          Compute Average over 250K random rows in 1B row table

                                  ATTRIBID in row key
                      Data from HBase cache       Data loaded from disk
Phoenix Skip Scan          1.4 sec                     31 sec
HBase Batched Gets         3.8 sec                     58 sec
HBase Range Scan            -                          10+ min

                                  ATTRIBID as key value
                      Data from HBase cache       Data loaded from disk
Phoenix Skip Scan          1.7 sec                     37 sec
HBase Batched Gets         4.0 sec                     82 sec
HBase Range Scan            -                          10+ min

Details
-------
HBase 0.94.7 Hadoop 1.04
Total number of regions: 30 spread on 4 Region Servers (6 core W3680 Xeon 3.3GHz) with 8GB heap.

Data:
20 FIELDTYPE, 50M OBJECTID for each FIELDTYPE, 10 ATTRIBID. VAL is random integer.

Query:
SELECT AVG(VAL) FROM T1
WHERE OBJECTID IN (250K RANDOM OBJECTIDs) AND FIELDTYPE = 'F1' AND ATTRIBID = '1'

Create table DML:

1. CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS T1 (
        OBJECTID INTEGER NOT NULL,
        FIELDTYPE CHAR(2) NOT NULL,
        ATTRIBID INTEGER NOT NULL,
        CF.VAL INTEGER
        CONSTRAINT PK PRIMARY KEY (OBJECTID,FIELDTYPE,ATTRIBID))
    COMPRESSION='GZ', BLOCKSIZE='4096'

2. CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS T2 (
        OBJECTID INTEGER NOT NULL,
        FIELDTYPE CHAR(2) NOT NULL,