Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Christopher Bort <cb...@homesmagazine.com> on 2008/02/04 23:35:49 UTC

No URIBL after upgrade to 3.2.4

I have recently upgraded a SpamAssassin installation from 3.2.1 to
3.2.4. Since then URIBL hits have dropped to nearly zero, where before
there were several hundred per day. Immediately after the upgrade, there
were a handful of hits on URIBL_BLACK, but I have not seen any at all in
the last few days. No configs have been changed with the upgrade, but
sa_update is run nightly via cron. The upgrade was done with CPAN, after
first making sure that all relevant Perl modules were up to date. Google
doesn't show me anything about problems with URIBL and SA 3.2.4, so I'm
inclined to think there's a problem with my particular installation.

I'm getting hits on Razor rules, so other network checks are working,
and I do have 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL' in my
init.pre. I'm not sure where to look next and I'd be grateful to be
pointed in the right direction.

Re: No URIBL after upgrade to 3.2.4

Posted by Christopher Bort <to...@thehundredacre.net>.
On 02/04/08 16:33, spamassassin@dostech.ca (Daryl C. W. O'Shea) wrote:

>Christopher Bort wrote:
>>I have recently upgraded a SpamAssassin installation from
>>3.2.1 to 3.2.4. Since then URIBL hits have dropped to nearly
>>zero, where before there were several hundred per day.
>>Immediately after the upgrade, there were a handful of hits on
>>URIBL_BLACK, but I have not seen any at all in the last few
>>days. No configs have been changed with the upgrade, but
>>sa_update is run nightly via cron.
>
>Run a message that you expect an URIBL hit on through spamassassin -D
>and look at the debug output to find out what is going on.

Curious. A message that was run through SA by my mail server's
helper without hits on any URIBL or RAZOR2 rules gets hits on
multiple URIBL and RAZOR2 rules when fed to spamassassin -D
manually. I will look into the possibility that the server's
helper program is either misconfigured or is doing something
wrong. Whatever it is doesn't seem terribly consistent at this
point, though, because I continue to get plenty of RAZOR2 hits
and a small handful of URIBL hits. At any rate, it warrants
further investigation...

Thank you for your help.

--
Christopher Bort
<to...@thehundredacre.net>

Re: No URIBL after upgrade to 3.2.4

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Christopher Bort wrote:
> I have recently upgraded a SpamAssassin installation from 3.2.1 to
> 3.2.4. Since then URIBL hits have dropped to nearly zero, where before
> there were several hundred per day. Immediately after the upgrade, there
> were a handful of hits on URIBL_BLACK, but I have not seen any at all in
> the last few days. No configs have been changed with the upgrade, but
> sa_update is run nightly via cron.

Run a message that you expect an URIBL hit on through spamassassin -D
and look at the debug output to find out what is going on.

Daryl