Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tomcat User <to...@karisto.co.uk> on 2003/05/06 13:53:26 UTC

Security and Tomcat 4.1.24 Manager

I have Tomcat 4.1.24 running with virtual hosting with the /manager
application running.

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to set up user IDs and passwords
that can only be used on a single virtual host.

I have a number of customers running JSPs as virtual hosts and would like to
give them access to the manager so that they can reload applications.

However, any user set to "manager" in tomcat-users.xml can have access to any
virtual host. I would like to limit access to the customer's virtual host
only, so that they cannot access other customers' sites.

Thanks

Chris Howland