Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Benyi Wang <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/24 01:21:29 UTC

Questions about hadoop-metrics2.properties

1. Does hadoop metrics2 only support File and Ganglia sink?
2. Can I expose metrics as JMX, especially for customized metrics? I
created some  metrics in my mapreduce job and could successfully output
them using a FileSink. But if I use jconsole to access YARN nodemanager, I
can only see hadoop metrics e.g Hadoop/NodeManager/NodeManagerMetrices
etc.,  not mine with prefix maptask. How to setup to see maptask/reducetask
prefix metrics?
3. Is there an example using jmx? I could not find

The configuration syntax is:

  [prefix].[source|sink|jmx|].[instance].[option]

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/metrics2/package-summary.html

Re: Questions about hadoop-metrics2.properties

Posted by Benyi Wang <be...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Luke. Your answer is really helpful.

Posted by Benyi Wang <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benyi Wang <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benyi Wang <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luke Lu <ll...@apache.org>.