Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Vo...@t-systems.com on 2003/12/04 14:01:04 UTC

INSERT with empty fields OJB / MySQL

Hello,
I'm running ojb v. 1.0.rc4-src.
I have a domain object containing some java.sql.Timestamp attributes that might be empty. When I insert them into the datbase via ojb, the empty date-attribues are filled with the current date. I have logged the insert statement with p6spy it looks like this:

INSERT INTO T (ID,C_ID,RECEPTION_DATE) VALUES ('123','76','')

The mysql-db changes '' to the current date.

My repository-xml looks like this:

class-descriptor class="com.yyy.T" table="T">
	<field-descriptor name="id" primarykey="true" nullable="false" column="ID" jdbc-type="VARCHAR"/>
	<field-descriptor name="cId" column="C_ID" jdbc-type="VARCHAR"/>
	<field-descriptor name="receptionDate" column="RECEPTION_DATE" jdbc-type="TIMESTAMP"/>
</class-descriptor>

My table in the database looks like this
| Field           | Type          | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| T_ID            | varchar(22)   |      | PRI |         |       |
| C_ID            | varchar(22)   | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| RECEPTION_DATE  | timestamp(14) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |

Is there a possibilty to configure ojb to use null instead of '' or even to write insert statements that only contain the attributes that are != null?
Or any other workaround?

Thank you

Volker Konrad