Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christopher Mason <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2005/07/15 17:41:05 UTC

Re: Building subversion on windows

Brian- I'm sending this to the list as I have to assume there are
others in the same boat as you and I.

--On Friday, July 15, 2005 10:54 AM -0500 Brian Greene
> I would be very interested in learning how you got subversion to
> build on Windows...
> Any help to me or the list would be greatly appreciated, or I can
> compile the info I already have (lots of failures) with info from
> you and I'll post it.  The subversion docs are great in all areas
> but this...

Yes, definitely; it took me about a day and I want others not to have
to suffer as I did.  I've already started an internal wiki page with
some of this info.  I need to finish that and I'll send it to the
list (or somewhere else?).  Also, there are a few simple changes that
could be made to the python build stuff that would make the process
much less futzy (in particular, making the include/lib paths in the
generated vcproj files reflect the paths passed in).  I'm going to
work on patches for this.

Brian, out of curiosity, could you please reply privately to me with
the details of your build setup: what version of Windows, IDE,
compiler, etc...  I'm using VS2003 (and possibly, eventually 2005 for
AnkhSVN) on Windows XP.

Thanks,

-c

--