Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Echerer <me...@tngtech.com> on 2004/04/05 13:46:43 UTC

Question regarding subclassing BaseEngine and reading application specification properties

Hello all,

for my app I subclassed BaseEngine to do some basic initialization stuff.
E.g.:

public MyEngine() {
  super();
  System.out.println(this.getSpecification().getProperty("MY_PROP"));
}

Because I have the following in in .application and want to read that property

<application name="test" engine-class="MyEngine">...

<property name="MY_PROP" value="something"/>

Unfortunately this.getSpecification() == null... :-(

Isn't the .application read already by the framework at this stage? Or what else
can I do to access the application specification properties?

Thx.
Michael

Re: Question regarding subclassing BaseEngine and reading application specification properties

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
Michael Echerer <mech <at> tngtech.com> writes:

> for my app I subclassed BaseEngine to do some basic initialization stuff.
> what else can I do to access the application specification properties?

This recent posting might help:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/7579/match=createglobal