Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2007/04/22 14:44:30 UTC

[[RESULT] (was: RE: [VOTE] [Retry] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 004 incubating)

Hi folks,

The votes of Lucene.Net 2.0 build 004 incubating release have been tallied:

    +1 from Erik Hatcher
    +1 from Niclas Hedhman
    +1 from Ted Husted
    +0 from Robert Burrell Donkin

There were 3 binding Incubator PMC +1 votes and 1 +0 and no -1 votes.

I will follow up this email with an official release announcement.

Speaking of which, where is the office place to upload the release artifact
to and what is the official mailing list to make the announcement?  Is there
an ASF document I can read to learn all about this?

Thanks everyone!

-- George Aroush

Re: [[RESULT] (was: RE: [VOTE] [Retry] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 004 incubating)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Sunday 22 April 2007 20:44, George Aroush wrote:

> Speaking of which, where is the office place to upload the release artifact
> to and what is the official mailing list to make the announcement?  Is
> there an ASF document I can read to learn all about this?

Check http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases first.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [RESULT] (was: RE: [VOTE] [Retry] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 004 incubating)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 4/25/07, George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Can someone help me find the answer to the following questions that I
> posted:
>
> > Speaking of which, where is the official place to upload the
> > release artifact to

i don't know. hopefully people will jump in.

>> and what is the official mailing list to
>> make the announcement?

unless there are good reasons not to (for example, under-the-radar
releases), use everyone that is on-topic. for lucence.NET i'd say
lucene lists, general and announcements@apache.org.

this lists are widely mirrored, well indexed and widely read so take
some time to create some good content for the announcement. remember
to include content describing lucene.NET for those who don't know what
it is and an invitation for new developers.

>> Is there an ASF document I can read
>> to learn all about this?

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html needs work
(i try to find some more time@apachecon)
http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases is reasonable

- robert

RE: [RESULT] (was: RE: [VOTE] [Retry] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 004 incubating)

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi folks,

Can someone help me find the answer to the following questions that I
posted:

> Speaking of which, where is the official place to upload the
> release artifact to and what is the official mailing list to
> make the announcement?  Is there an ASF document I can read
> to learn all about this?

Thanks!

-- George