Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Praseed Balakrishan <pr...@acceleratednetworks.soft.net> on 2003/05/05 12:40:11 UTC

classic compiler and depended java files

Hi All,

Iam having trouble building java src tree with modern complers since they
fail to generate classes for successsfuk compliation as soon as the compiler
detects compliation error.
so i changed the compiler options to classic and then  tried compiling the
source. Now i have a problem of dependency. classic compiler not compiling
the depended classes by itself.

<target name="occamview.java" depends="init">
     <echo message="compiling occamview java files... "/>
     <owclasspath property="appmake.classpath.for.compile"/>
     <mkdir dir="${appmake.basedir}/build/classes" />
     <!-- compiles common files -->
     <javac
classpath="${appmake.basedir}/build/lib/rcmeta.jar${path.separator}${appmake
.classpath.for.compile}"
            debug="on"
            nowarn="on"
            listfiles="yes"
            failonerror="false"
            deprecation="on"
            optimize="on"
            compiler="classic"
            srcdir="${appmake.basedir}/build/src/com"
            destdir="${appmake.basedir}/build/classes"
             />
  </target>

owclasspath is my own customized task to get the classpath.

is there anything im doing wrong or is it this the default behavior. ?????

Thanks
--Praseed

Re: classic compiler and depended java files

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Seems to me you should be pointing at "src", not "src/com".  Try that with
the modern compilers and your problems should be cleared up.

Jake