Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sa...@in.safenet-inc.com on 2005/07/08 14:48:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Chunked encoding handling in reverse proxy

Hi,
	I am trying to protect client-server application through Apache
reverse proxy.
 My server is protected behind apache reverse proxy and client is standalone
application that can access server through internet. The client-server
communicate with each other via HTTP 1.1 protocol with
Content-encoding:chunked. The data part is sent in form of chunked data.
When I set this up via reverse proxy, the apache does not forward following
PUT request from client to my server:

PUT /IDXXXXXX
host:YYYY

It seems Apache is waiting for some more information from client.
Please help.

Regards,
Satinder Singh

Re: [users@httpd] Chunked encoding handling in reverse proxy

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 7/8/05, satinders@in.safenet-inc.com <sa...@in.safenet-inc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>         I am trying to protect client-server application through Apache
> reverse proxy.
>  My server is protected behind apache reverse proxy and client is standalone
> application that can access server through internet. The client-server
> communicate with each other via HTTP 1.1 protocol with
> Content-encoding:chunked. The data part is sent in form of chunked data.
> When I set this up via reverse proxy, the apache does not forward following
> PUT request from client to my server:
>
> PUT /IDXXXXXX
> host:YYYY
>

> It seems Apache is waiting for some more information from client.
> Please help.

Well, to start with, that doesn't look much like HTTP/1.1 to me.

It seems like there are lots of things you aren't including here.

Joshua.