Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/24 14:25:17 UTC

Where is our checkstyle configuration file?

Hello, I'm trying to configure checkstyle within Eclipse so I can run it
directly from the IDE.  I guess we have a checkstyle config file that lists
all the coding rules that CXF code has to adhere to.  Where is it/what is it
named?  I think I need to import it into Eclipse
Menu-->Window->Preferences->Checkstyle.

Also, is running checkstyle from Maven a simple matter of mvn
checkstyle:checkstyle from the CXF module of interest?

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Where is our checkstyle configuration file?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jul 24, 2008, at 8:25 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to configure checkstyle within Eclipse so I can
> run it
> directly from the IDE.  I guess we have a checkstyle config file
> that lists
> all the coding rules that CXF code has to adhere to.  Where is it/
> what is it
> named?  I think I need to import it into Eclipse
> Menu-->Window->Preferences->Checkstyle.

The rules are all in the buildtools module.  src/main/resources I think.

That said,if you run -Psetup.eclipse top level, it should create a
workspace in ../workspace (conigurable) that already has it imported
and the java level set to 5 and a bunch or warnings turned off, etc...

Dan

> Also, is running checkstyle from Maven a simple matter of mvn
> checkstyle:checkstyle from the CXF module of interest?
>
> Thanks,
> Glen

---
Daniel Kulp