Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2002/10/20 11:31:41 UTC

[collections] Re: Fw: Testing of a release

Michael, sorry to be formal, but does this mean the -1 is removed?
If so, then we have enough votes, and the release will occur.
Stephen

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Michael, sorry to be formal, but does this mean the -1 is removed?
> If so, then we have enough votes, and the release will occur.
> Stephen

yes, my -1 is removed, and I'll now give a +1.

I still do have the concern over which JDK is used to build the binary
distribution and whether that's an issue or not.  I wouldn't want the
binary distribution to be unusable in 1.2.2 because it's using a new
class file format (I also can't remember whether that changed from 1.2.2
to 1.3 or from 1.3 to 1.4).  I'm not even sure how to confirm that.  I
quickly tried a 1.2.2 version of javap on one of the classes compiled in
1.4, and that seemed to work fine, so maybe I'm just crazy.  Or maybe
jdk 1.3 and 1.4 default to using "target=1.2".  Whatever.  Not a big
enough concern for me to hold up the release any longer.  :)

btw, thanks for putting up with me.  :)

michael