Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Ol...@ppimedia.de on 2007/08/20 13:54:59 UTC

RE: repost: dbcp: InstanceKeyDataSourcegetConnection, exception d uri ng setup Defaults()

Hello Phil,

thank you for taking the time to answer my post.

done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-237

> You can submit a patch with the bug report, using the "attach file"
> link on the issue entry page. The instructions for making patches are
> here:
> http://commons.apache.org/patches.html

I have not done that yet, because I do not have svn installed at the moment.

> Thanks again for the feedback.  This looks like a bug to me and your
> suggested change looks reasonable.  As a workaround, if you have not
> already done so, you could try setting the testOnBorrow property to
> true.  That should cause the exception to be thrown earlier and the
> bad connection to be removed from the pool.

Thank you for the tip.  I will try it.  If it works, I will add this
hint to the jira ticket.

Best regards,
Olli