Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/18 06:40:42 UTC

Synapse Sample Automation

Hi Folks,

I just went through a demo of the new sample automation framework developed
by Amila for his GSoC project. Have to admit that it's a brilliant piece of
work. There is lot of room for improvement but the idea and the
implementation is pretty good for a first cut version. He has automated a
lot of samples and adding new samples to the framework is easy. I've
instructed him to carry out the following action items in the next few days
before we start off the GSoC final evaluations:

1. Submit all the code as patches to the JIRA (He has already submitted some
patches during the mid term evaluations)
2. Write up some wiki pages explaining how to use and extend the framework

Soon I'll start checking in this work to the Synapse trunk. I think the best
approach is to introduce a top level module named "integration" and add all
the automated samples (implemented as test cases) under that. That way our
samples become a suite of integration tests for Synapse and they will be
included in the nightly builds as well. Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Here are some points that we can improve in the test framework:

1. Make it into a separate binary distro so we can download it and run
against a given Synapse instance
2. Improved logging and reporting
3. Code coverage

Thanks
--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Associate Technical Lead;

Re: Synapse Sample Automation

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Great work Amila. Thanks for all your contributions. I hope you will
continue to contribute to Synapse :)

Thanks,
Hiranya

Posted by Amila Manoj <am...@gmail.com>.