Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Daniel Haviv <da...@veracity-group.com> on 2016/01/20 11:28:06 UTC

chmod: changing permissions of '/datadir/000056_0': Permission denied. user=danielh is not the owner of inode=000056_0

Hi,
We have a table in which the files are created by different users (under
the same group).
When a user inserts into the table it will finish successfully but after
moving the files the user will receive the following error(s):
chmod: changing permissions of '/datadir/000056_0': Permission denied.
user=danielh is not the owner of inode=000056_0

and that's because hive is trying to chmod file that the specific user did
not create.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior ?

Thank you.
Daniel

Re: chmod: changing permissions of '/datadir/000056_0': Permission denied. user=danielh is not the owner of inode=000056_0

Posted by Daniel Haviv <da...@veracity-group.com>.
Hi,
Any thoughts on this issue ?

Thank you.