Posted to dev@directmemory.apache.org by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org> on 2012/10/23 21:18:49 UTC

MemoryBuffer interface

Hey guys,

some time before I mentioned that it would be nice to have a real
buffer interface to against. The actual implementation only had
ByteBuffer when using non Unsafe MemoryAllocators.

I started to add a clean interface, derived from the nettys
ChannelBuffer, to be used as the main accesspoint to every memory
access no matter what the underlying access layer looks like.

At the moment I'm working against the GIT fork on GitHub and I'll
like to see your opinion and ideas about the MemoryBuffer interface
and the general idea.

The two important commits are:
https://github.com/noctarius/directmemory/commit/5b3cf11af0e71f5961b1bfcf69b10f3cb9388ff6
https://github.com/noctarius/directmemory/commit/05082a6aa2cac91bb2ab6e104837bb1431dae90d

Looking forward to your replies especially because I'm not yet sure
how the general way of new features is :-)

Cheers Chris

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by "Johannes.Lichtenberger" <Jo...@uni-konstanz.de>.
On 10/24/2012 10:10 PM, Christoph Engelbert wrote:
> Am 24.10.2012 22:08, schrieb Johannes.Lichtenberger:

>>> JUnit has the same ability using @Parameters
>>> http://www.mkyong.com/unittest/junit-4-tutorial-6-parameterized-test/
>>> ;-)
>>
>> Great, didn't know about this annotation :-)
>>
>> According to [1] from the same guy, however it seems that the
>> TestNG parameters are more powerful (not restricted to primitives).
>>

> Not restricted to primitives ;-)
>
>      @Parameters
>      public static Collection<Object[]> data() {
>          return Arrays.asList( new Object[][] {{new
> MemoryManagerServiceImpl<Object>()},{new
> UnsafeMemoryManagerServiceImpl<Object>()}} );
>      }

Ok, thanks ;-)

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by "Johannes.Lichtenberger" <Jo...@uni-konstanz.de>.

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by "Johannes.Lichtenberger" <Jo...@uni-konstanz.de>.

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.
Am 24.10.2012 23:09, schrieb Raffaele P. Guidi:
> Yay for the segfault! :-D

Ok first impression committed to the svn trunk. Tests are running
fine (at least for my local try) and I made some of the unittests
parameterized.

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yay for the segfault! :-D

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.

Re: MemoryBuffer interface

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/10/24 Raffaele P. Guidi <ra...@gmail.com>:
> Really, really good. Well, if all tests pass why not starting pushing the
> changes to svn? :-)
+1 :-)

--
Olivier Lamy