Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Ad...@ekz.ch on 2017/11/20 15:36:00 UTC

VNC access with password

Hi

I have several VNC Server, some with, some without password.
For all servers without password, the connection works

For all servers with password I get a black screen or an error message that the connection was closed by the server.

If I connect to this VNC Servers with any other VNC client I’m able to connect.

Any idea what the problem could be?

BR Adrian

Re: VNC access with password

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 1:49 AM, <Ad...@ekz.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>

> The two connections where not on the same computers
>

> As far as I know the VNC Servers are running under Windows CE, the exact
> version of the server is not know, but for sure it’s an older version
>
> Reason, these are operator panels of machines I need to integrate.
>
> Modifications and updates to these Win CE Panels is not possible

Can you find out what VNC server/version is on the one that is failing, and
how it's configured (aside from requiring a password)?

-Nick

RE: VNC access with password

Posted by Ad...@ekz.ch.
Hi

The two connections where not on the same computers

As far as I know the VNC Servers are running under Windows CE, the exact version of the server is not know, but for sure it’s an older version
Reason, these are operator panels of machines I need to integrate.
Modifications and updates to these Win CE Panels is not possible

BR
Adrian

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Re: VNC access with password

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 3:05 AM, <Ad...@ekz.ch> wrote:

> Hi Nick
>

> Any idea what to do with this?
>

> BR
>
> Adrian

The only thing I can think at this point is that it's related to the
following recently-closed JIRA issue:

Can you try building guacd from the most recent github master and see if
the problem still exists?

-Nick

RE: VNC access with password

Posted by Ad...@ekz.ch.
Hi Nick

Any idea what to do with this?

BR
Adrian

No added security on these VNC Servers, just a simple password.

Attached the syslog, other logs show nothing.

Thanks for your help!

BR Adrian
________________________________
I have several VNC Server, some with, some without password.
For all servers without password, the connection works

For all servers with password I get a black screen or an error message that the connection was closed by the server.

If I connect to this VNC Servers with any other VNC client I'm able to connect.

Any idea what the problem could be?

- What version of Guacamole are you running?
- Are there any error messages in the logs, particularly in the guacd log file (usually logged to syslog, so /var/log/messages, journalctl, etc., depending on your Linux distribution)?
- Are the ones with passwords using any sort of encryption or added security?

-Nick

AW: VNC access with password

Re: VNC access with password

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.