Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Tom White <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/11 07:08:16 UTC

November board report

I've submitted the following report (due today - sorry about the short
notice) on the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2010.
Please let me know if there are any changes you would like to see.

Thanks,
Tom

= Whirr =

Whirr provides code for running a variety of software services on
cloud infrastructure.

Whirr was accepted into the incubator on 11 May 2010. Status
information is available at
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/whirr.html.

Progress since the last report: We have made an initial 0.1.0 release
and the second 0.2.0 release is being voted on this week. We continue
to get contributions from outside the initial committer base, and have
added one committer (Adrian Cole). Whirr is being covered at industry
meetups (e.g. at Devoxx later this month). The website and
infrastructure are all up and running smoothly.

Plans for the next period:

 * Do a third release.
 * Support the existing services on more cloud providers (beyond
Amazon EC2, Rackspace Cloud Servers).
 * Add more services (probably HBase next).

Top three items to resolve before graduation:

 * Increase community involvement in the project
 * Make several incubating releases
 * Support at least three services on Whirr

Re: November board report

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
LGTM, too :)
-Adrian