Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Terry <te...@yahoo.com.au> on 2012/03/06 00:06:04 UTC

Re: Error Message (java)

I understand that OO 3.3 will not work with Java 7.  AFAIK, version 6 works and you can install it (apparently) alongside version 7.  One post I read stated that 3.3 will not work with any version later than 6_22.

Posted by "Girvin R. Herr" <gi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Zoltan,
Thanks for the info.
Interesting that this bug report is almost 1 year old and even 6u30 has
not fixed this problem.  I updated to 6u30 because Mozilla Seamonkey
reported my 6u11 was old and needed updating.  That action was a test to
see if java was causing another problem unrelated to OO.o.  I have since
switched to Firefox/Thunderbird, so I guess I will stick with 6u11 while
testing  new java versions occasionally to see if this ever gets fixed.
Thanks again.
Girvin

Re: Error Message (java)

Posted by Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu>.

Re: Error Message (java)

Posted by "Girvin R. Herr" <gi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Terry,

Re: Error Message (java): Important Correction

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 15:39:51 +0000
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:30:41 -0500
> JLA <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What version do I need for run extensions?
> >
> > Joan
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Josef Latt
> > <Jo...@gmx.net> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > java 7 is not the official version. It's java 1.6.31.
> > > http://www.java.com
>
> Any 1.6.xx version but it must be 32 bit if being run on a 64
> bit OS, such as Windows 7 64
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

A correction: I understand that OpenOffice will run with any Java
up to 1.6.31, but that Base may run very slow with Java after
1.6.22; one can install several versions of Java and
in /Tools/Options/OpenOffice.org:Java select the version for OOo
to use (Path is under Preferences for a mac).  In any case, the
selected Java must be 32 bit for it to interface correctly with
OOo versions when run on a 64 bit Windows.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Error Message (java)

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Re: Error Message (java)

Posted by JLA <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Error Message (java)

Posted by Josef Latt <Jo...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Am 06.03.2012 15:51, schrieb JLA:
> Thanks for this.  I will stop banging my head on my desk top.
>
> JLA
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Terry<te...@yahoo.com.au>  wrote:
>> I understand that OO 3.3 will not work with Java 7.  AFAIK, version 6 works and you can install it (apparently) alongside version 7.  One post I read stated that 3.3 will not work with any version later than 6_22.

PGP Schlüssel: 311D1055
http://keyserver.pgp.com

Re: Error Message (java)

Posted by JLA <ja...@gmail.com>.