Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gurudev <su...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/19 09:46:05 UTC

Is DataImportHandler ThreadSafe???

Hi,
Just wanted to know, Is the DataImportHandler available in solr1.3
thread-safe?. I would like to use multiple instances of data import handler
running concurrently and posting my various set of data from DB to Index.

Can I do this by registering the DIH multiple times with various names in
solrconfig.xml and then invoking all concurrently to achieve maximum
throughput? Would i need to define different data-config.xml's &
dataimport.properties for each DIH?

If it would be possible to specify the query in data-config.xml to restrict
one DIH from overlapping the data-set fetched by another DIH through some
SQL clauses?

Re: Is DataImportHandler ThreadSafe???

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM, gurudev <su...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Just wanted to know, Is the DataImportHandler available in solr1.3
> thread-safe?. I would like to use multiple instances of data import handler
> running concurrently and posting my various set of data from DB to Index.
>
> Can I do this by registering the DIH multiple times with various names in
> solrconfig.xml and then invoking all concurrently to achieve maximum
> throughput? Would i need to define different data-config.xml's &
> dataimport.properties for each DIH?
yes , this should work. it is thread-safe

Noble Paul | Systems Architect| AOL | http://aol.com