Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ferdinand Soethe <sa...@soethe.net> on 2005/05/18 09:21:21 UTC

What is the meaning of the acronyms in front of the committer names ...

in http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/who.html

[NKB] - Nicola Ken Barozzi (nicolaken.at.apache.org)

Are there rules how they are formed or do committers simply choose
one?

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: What is the meaning of the acronyms in front of the committer names ...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> in http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/who.html
>
> [NKB] - Nicola Ken Barozzi (nicolaken.at.apache.org)
>
> Are there rules how they are formed or do committers simply choose
> one?

Just choose one and also add it to status.xml

Good question. I am not actually sure. It is something that
was inheritied when the Apache Forrest project started,
probably inherited from Apache Cocoon.

One reason might be so that people can look at the Changes [1]
and see who was the committer who helped to add that
functionality or applied the patch. Why? I don't know.
We actually do not want people contacting the committers
personally, so perhaps we should remove them.

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/changes.html

--David