Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Eloise Friedman <El...@orcainteractive.com> on 2003/05/13 10:59:32 UTC

excludes file in war task

I am writimg a war task that must contain only several of the java classes composing the parser package.
I added a file called files containing a list of classes to be excluded (file1.class,file2.class etc'), but they all appear in the war file anyway.
what have I done wrong?

    <war
       destfile="${Lib}WAR.war"
       webxml="${Web}/web.xml"
       update="true">
       <classes dir="${Bin}">
           <include name="parser/*"/>
           <exclude name="parser/files"/>
           <excludesfile name="${Bin}/parser/files"/>
       </classes>
    </war>

Using a nested <fileset> results in an unsupported element error.

Eloise 09-7699457

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **

Re: excludes file in war task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 13 May 2003, Eloise Friedman
<El...@orcainteractive.com> wrote:

> I added a file called files containing a list of classes to be
> excluded (file1.class,file2.class etc'), but they all appear in the
> war file anyway.

The names must be relative to the dur attribute of your <classes>
element, not relative to the location of your excludesfile.  Is this
the case?

Stefan