Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/10 23:15:32 UTC

How will we support libraries?

I discovered section EE8.2 in the ee6 overall spec, about support for
libraries.

The part I'm worried about is EE8.2.4 Resources where it says that
resources in the library must be accessible to application classes
using class.getResource() and classloader.getResource() methods.

I don't see how this can be supported in an osgi environment while
sharing the classes from the library.

Maybe we can do something strange like both convert the library to a
bundle (so its classes can be shared) and deploy it as a fragment
bundle associated with the app bundle (so the resource are
available)????

any more plausible ideas?

thanks
david jencks