Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by jklcom99 <je...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/09 17:08:37 UTC

Geronimo-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT, Servlet.service() for servlet login-page threw exception

I thought by moving all dependency jars to ear/lib directory and they would
be seen by all modules.

Now that I have cleared out the manifest classpath in all my jars.
MyApp.jar is referencing other jars which are now placed within ear/lib.
But I'm getting this error.  Am I missing something?

     [java] Geronimo Application Server started
     [java] Exited with: 19
     [java] 16:58:57,596 ERROR [[login-page]] Servlet.service() for servlet
login-page threw exception
     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]     at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:61)
     [java]     at
java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:80)
     [java]     at
com.ibm.lex.lapapp.License.retrieveLicenseAgreement(Unknown S
ource)
     [java]     at com.ibm.lex.lapapp.License.getLicenseAgreement(Unknown
Source
)
     [java]     at com.ibm.lex.lapapp.License.getLicense(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
com.ibm.lex.lapapp.LicenseAcceptanceProcess.getLicenseAgreeme
nt(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at com.ibm.lex.lapapp.APP_JLAP.getHtmlLicenseAgreement(Unkno
wn Source)
     [java]     at app.web.servlet.AppServlet.sendEulaToClient(EulaSer
vlet.java:55)
     [java]     at app.web.servlet.AppServlet.doGet(AppServlet.java:3
6)
     [java]     at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:693)
     [java]     at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFil
ter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:206)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Standard
WrapperValve.java:233)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Standard
ContextValve.java:175)
     [java]     at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke(D
efaultSubjectValve.java:56)
     [java]     at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMeth
odValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:406)
     [java]     at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.inv
oke(GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:47)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHos
tValve.java:128)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorRepor
tValve.java:102)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardE
ngineValve.java:109)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogVal
ve.java:568)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAda
pter.java:286)
     [java]     at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Proces
sor.java:844)
     [java]     at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandl
er.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint
.java:447)
     [java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Re: Geronimo-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT, Servlet.service() for servlet login-page threw exception

Posted by jklcom99 <je...@yahoo.com>.
Actually, it's seeing the jars.  After creating a new instance of a class
from IBMLAP.jar, the servlet exited with: 19.  What is "Exited with: 19"?

Posted by jklcom99 <je...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.